- 1 ½ c. quinoa
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 ½ c. water
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- ¾ c. chopped celery
- ½ c. raisins or cranberries
- pinch of cayenne
- 1 tbsp. EV Olive Oil (any flavour)
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar (any flavour)
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. Toasted Sesame Seed Oil
- 1/3 c. chopped fresh cilantro (or parsley)
- ¾ c. pecans (or other nuts)
Bring the quinoa, salt, and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Once done, scrape into a large bowl, and allow it to cool for 20 minutes. Stir in the green onions, celery, raisins, cayenne pepper, vegetable oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and sesame oil. Allow to stand at room temperature for 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend. Stir in the cilantro and pecans before serving.
Variations: If you don’t like sesame oil, substitute EV Olive Oil for the Toasted Sesame Oil.