Make 1 2-layer chocolate cake – cut layers in half horizontally to give you 4 layers.
- 1 590 ml. can sour cherry pie filling marinated in
- ½ cup Chocolate Cherry Balsamic Vinegar.
Chill 4 hours or overnight. Drain, leaving as much sauce as you desire.
- 3 x 1oz squares semi-sweet chocolate
- 3 tbsp Chocolate Cherry Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 well-beaten egg
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
Whip cream and sugar.
Melt chocolate and balsamic vinegar in top of a double boiler, over (not touching) boiling water till melted and smooth. Slowly stir into egg. Fold whipped cream into the chocolate. Chill 1-2 hours.
TOPPING & FILLING
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tbsp sugar (or to taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla
TO ASSEMBLE CAKE
- On the bottom layer, spread the cherry filling, not quite to the edge.
- On the second layer, spread chocolate mousse. Put the unfrosted side on the bottom layer. Chill 30 min.
- On the third layer, spread 1 ½ cups whipped cream. Place onto the second layer.
- Place top layer on, and spread sides and top with remaining whipped cream.
- Garnish with chocolate curls and cherries if desired.
- Chill 2 hours.